Monday, October 25, 2010

Black Bean Sweet Potato Puree


This Soup is sooo gooood. The flavor is very smooth, with layers of bell pepper, onion, bean, sweet potato & spices, I couldn't have been happier with the final product.

I decided to start uploading photos of some of the products I am excited about in my pantry. Here, you can see the Stonehouse #7 Cashews and Cream sauce, an Indian cooking sauce. Wow. I had my eye on this $8.99 jar for months now and finally made it mine. I've enjoyed it over steamed & sauteed veggies, rice and (fake) chickn'. It is especially good smeared onto Tandoori Naan. Naan is an Indian Flatbread, and Tandoori is the style/oven the bread is cooked in.
Today it complimented my soup. Tomorrow it will be all gone.. and I'll be moving onto another exciting sauce.

My Soup:

2T oil
1/2 med onion diced
1 carrot shredded
2 "cloves" shallot diced
1 small-med sweet potato peeled & shredded
1/2 red bell pepper diced
3small cloves garlic
1/4t chili
1/2t cumin
1/2t coriander
2c vegetable broth
2T tomato paste
3/4c frozen sweet corn
1c soaked/cooked black beans
salt

cook all ingredients together, up to the vegetable broth. Once tender, add the broth and tomato paste. Bring to a low boil, then puree in the food processor with black beans. Once you remove all large chunks, add the corn. voila. This would also be nice garnished with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, scallions... I am so going to make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment