Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cleanse: Stir Fry

I'm on a cleanse. For two weeks. There are literally thousands of ways to do this.. cayenne pepper water, a juice fast, cabbage soup...etc. I have several books that are all about different ways to cleanse your body & mind through healing foods & drinks. Personally, I am not at a point in my life where I can fast on liquid alone for several days, (some people juice fast for over 40 days!) so I eat. This is what I do/don't eat on this cleanse..

My cleanse includes whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds.. ya know.. whole foods.

My cleanse does not include wheat, dairy, sugary foods, (basically nothing w sugar as an ingredient or over 6g per serving) alcohol, processed or fried foods, caffeine

NO sugar is the hardest part. I usually don't eat sugary desserts or crave cookies ever. But there is still a lot of sugar in our foods, and whether you realize it or not you probably crave it big time. I know I do. So on this cleanse I reach for berries, peaches, plums, juice.. when the crave hits.

Since I started, I have had 2 jars of sprouts growing on my counter, and every morning or night I cook grains and beans to keep on hand for meals.

Here is an example of a healthy very green stir fry I made.

1T toasted sesame oil
1 head bok choy
couple handfuls broccoli
1 carrot, shredded
sugar snap peas
shiitake mushrooms
brown rice
garlic
ginger
shoyu
ume vinegar
brown rice
scallions
sprouts & dulse granules (optional garnish)

RECIPE COMING SOON

No comments:

Post a Comment