Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vegan Dogs 3 Ways



left to right #1 Relish Onion & Habanero Ketchup #2 Tangerine Habanero Mustard & Apple Sauerkraut #3 Black Bean Chili, Pickled Jalapenos & Cojita


This is what happened when I got home from vacation and didn't have enough money to buy vegetables. I used fridge and pantry items to create this "Welcome to Austin" meal for Michelle and I.

I know the idea of "veggie dogs" grosses a lot of people out.. but c'mon. Which is worse? Mine made with soy protein & wheat gluten.. or yours made with random animal parts? The difference is worth considering.

I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone largely supplementing their diet with "meat alternative" products. This is the one of the very few times I have ever blogged about one. It is so much more important to get your beans, whole grains, nuts, seeds, pickles, fermented foods, fruits, vegetables... basically stick to whole foods! and every once and a while pig out & have fun.. like vegan hot dogs 3 ways!!

No comments:

Post a Comment