Monday, January 16, 2012

Sprout Master

My new Sproutmaster and set of sprouting seeds.. Merry Christmas!

I have a few blends, plus seed packets of Clover, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Broccoli, Radish, Mung Bean and Green Lentils. You don't have to buy packets like these to start sprouting. You can find lentils, grains, beans, nuts and some seeds in your local health food store's bulk department.

My first Broccoli Sprouts! They're strong and beautiful.. and they taste quite a bit like broccoli! These are about a week old. On day 5 I set the tray in the sun to develop Chlorophyll.


I found this Nutritional Info on Sprout People's website:

Broccoli Sprout Nutritional info:
Vitamins A, B, C, E and K
Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc
Carotene, Chlorophyll
Amino Acids
Trace Elements
Antioxidants
Protein: 35%


Stay tuned for directions on how to grow your own tasty & healthy sprouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment