Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cabbage Avacado Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing

This is my rendition of a recipe I adapted from Vegetarian Times.
I ate it every day for a week and have thought about it every day since. Thats no lie.
It is very filling, healthy, incredibly delicious, and gorgeous!!
Dressing:
1c carrot juice
3T ginger juice
(veg. times used shredded carrots and minced ginger in a blender, I prefer the juicer)
4T rice wine vingear
3 T white miso paste
2T sesame oil
1 T canola/grapeseed oil
2t maple syrup
Salad:
1 med. head radicchio thinly sliced
2 avacado
3/4 c sweet onion thinly sliced
(Veg. Times suggested 4c savoy cabbage as the base)
instead I used:
1 small head red cabbage thinly sliced
also my addition of
sesame seeds, sunflower kernels, and raisins
This is A LOT of salad of just one person. To keep things fresh, I prepped the dressing and chopped the cabbage, radicchio and onion in advance, then packed it into tupperware. When I was packing my lunch for the day I would cut the avacado, and wait to drizzle the dressing until it was time to eat!
If you do fish, this would go very nicely with a flaky, mild white fish (like Flounder) or salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment