Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Green Curry & Coconut Soup

My soup of the week!!

I am obsessed with green curry. And coconut milk for that matter.
Everytime I go to a Thai restaurant I order the saaammme thing, Green Curry. Each time, its a little different, but always so spicy, deep, and comforting. Oh, I love it.
However, the ingredients to make a green curry paste are hard to come by. Some pastes are pre-made and can be bought at the grocery store, but I never had any luck until I found Mae Ploy brand curry pastes. The others DO NOT compare. http://www.talinmarket.com/mae-ploy-green-curry-paste-14-oz.html

My simple soup recipe.

I can coconut milk
1T green curry paste (or more to taste)
1t brown sugar (to taste)
half head of broccoli
8 crimini mushrooms quartered
1/4 red onion diced
cilantro to garnish
salt

So simple. Start with a little oil in the pot, and saute the paste lightly, just for a minute. Add the veggies and the coconut milk, cook until tender. You could also add a little water to dilute, and make your soup go a little further.

You could do this with your favorite color/flavor curry paste and veggies too!

1 comment:

  1. Coconut Curry? Easy? Were the *hardcore* mongolians lying to us??? hehe... looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete