Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oatmeal Fit For a Queen

Okay, for all you oatmeal-phobics and drab plain-oatmeal-eaters.. this ones for you.
I make this every morning. It is easy to go to your grocer's bulk section to keep the main ingredients on hand for a small price. Also, you can change this up to suit whatever you have on hand in your pantry.


Oatmeal for 1
1/4c dry oats
1/2 c milk (I prefer unsweetend almond milk)
1 banana sliced into 1/2in chunks
drop of almond extract (or vanilla if you prefer)
raisins, cranberries, and dry goji berries
lots of cinnamon
(more moisture if needed)

The day I took this picture I happened to have some coconut yoghurt and blackberries on hand, but those aren't regulars in my lineup.
If you've got a sweet tooth drizzle some maple syrup or brown sugar.
Want some crunch? Add nuts.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment