Monday, April 11, 2011

Herb Fest 2011

top row: dill, bay leaves, tarragon, unknown, thyme, chives and chervil
bottom row: spearmint, peppermint, lemon thyme, sage, rosemary, marjoram, oregano & summer savory

chopping up garlic to add to the herb butter
a salad with organic edible flowers

herb & flower butter


Its Herb Fest at work.. which doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot. I mean, it isn't a "festival" like one would imagine. We are just selling more varieties of herbs and products featuring herbs this week. But there was one perk.. I got to bring home all these glorious herbs and find ways to use them!! The Foodies were given several BOXES of herbs to demonstrate uses for, in the store, but we couldn't possibly use them all. Thank goodness.



Herb & Flower Butter
-1 tub Earth Balance Buttery Spread
-tarragon
-dill
-marjoram
-summer savory
-sage
-rosemary
-thyme
-chervil
-chives
-garlic
-lemon juice
-salt

I am going to freeze this in an ice cube tray, or else I'm afraid it will get yucky. I'll thaw out one at a time and use it as needed. You wouldn't friggin believe how good it is. I gave Anna a little bit on a cracker, and the first thing she said was, "you should bottle it and sell it."

LOTS MORE HERB RECIPES COMING SOON

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish I could eat everything on this blog! Shelly! How are you?
    We just got Terra Chips at Peace Nook, blue potato chips, and they reminded me so much of when you made beet chips and blue potato chips that I just had to write and say hello!

    ReplyDelete