Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Barbeque Sauce


Honestly, this is very easy. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now.. and if you don’t you should! I came across a recipe this afternoon, realized how simple it was, and ran into my kitchen to make a batch. It was so satisfying. I was very pleased with myself. This is a very versatile recipe. You could replace the tomato paste with a can of tomatoes, tomato sauce, or fresh! Maple syrup and brown sugar can be replaced with molasses or honey. You could add liquid smoke, or apricots, raspberries, jalapenos.. But this is what I had on hand, so this is my sauce! Its realllly good.
½ medium red onion minced fine
2 cloves garlic minced fine
1T oil
1 can tomato paste
+ 1 ½ can water
2T maple syrup
1 ½ T brown sugar
½ T red pepper flakes
salt
1T mustard
Saute the onion and garlic until they start to brown, then add everything except the mustard. Simmer at least a half hour, but up to an hour. Stir in the mustard at the very end. I like to eat BBQ sauce on mashed potatoes. It’s good. You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment