Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Egg Salad


I made egg salad because I had the parsley pesto in my fridge.. and I thought.. I really looove pesto in my egg salad! Plus, I never buy egg salad anywhere.. unless maybe I’m at a nicer restaurant for lunch. Who knows how long it has been sitting in that gas station or cafeteria, gross!

1/3 roasted red bell pepper, diced
1 scallion, diced
2 ½ T Mayo
3T Pesto
1T relish
1t mustard
dash vinegar
3 Hard Boiled Eggs
salt & pepper
First make the dressing, and adjust it to your tastes. Use whatever you have on hand, that’s what I did!
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and gently add the eggs, reduce the boil so that the eggs don’t break. On the side, prepare a bowl with ice water. After 10 minutes, remove the eggs from the boiling water, and place them in the “ice bath.” After about 5minutes, they should peel easily.
Dice up the eggs, and add the dressing a little at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency & flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment