Monday, August 9, 2010

Beat the Heat


Part of my new resolution, using all the food that I buy & making sure none goes to waste, has involved a lot of juicing.

Yesterday we juiced watermelon. Then I poured the juice into my ice cream maker, made a slushy and added Malibu Rum. That way, it will stay slushy consistency in the freezer.

Tonight, the Bartender..Anna.. made us some delicious mixed drinks with the slush.. and I'm a little buzzed.

4parts Watermelon Malibu Slush
1 part gin
1 part tonic
1 part sprite

I like mine with a pinch of sugar and salt. Bottoms up!

Next is Cantelope.. then pineapple... then peaches.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing - I am so going to have to get a damn food processor. Somehow I think that is not going to be an inexpensive purchase....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. maybe there could be a less expensive used one on craiglist or ebay?! they are pricey, but worth it! I couldnt cook without mine! there are also less expensive mini versions, which are very practical. I'm always jealous of people who get married and "register" for expensive items like that as wedding gifts.. oh the things I could register for..!

    ReplyDelete