Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I love you, veggie burger


Most of the meals I eat at home are so simple. But when friends come over, they're usually impressed. Maybe its because we live in college towns, in shitty housing, and everybody eats meals consisting of ramen, velveeta, & white bread. One of the purposes of this blog is to show you how simple it really is to keep just enough frozen, refrigerated, produce, and dry goods to always have a healthy delicious meal.

I think this is one of the best veggie burgers I've ever ate. I had it 2 days in a row for lunch. I debated taking a picture and posting it.. because its a burger. But it was so damn good. The secret.. a delicious Italian ciabatta bun from Whole Foods that I kept in my freezer. Supporting roles played by mustard greens and the last of an heirloom tomato that I brought from Missouri. A little mayo, BBQ sauce, pickles, cheddar and swiss. The burger was the cheapest (besides Boca eew) at the store, and the brand was Dr. Prengers. It is green a burger and you can actually see the veggies, always a good trait. It falls apart quite readily, but still delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment