Thursday, August 5, 2010

Enough about life, lets eat




This was lunch today.
Many of the recipes I will post on here are my own interpretations or renditions of recipes that I read. Something you should also know, is that I rarely measure ingredients, and the ones I list here are estimates. If you are going to try something I've posted, make it your own! For example, I know that most people don't have pink peppercorns on their spice rack, so use what you have.
The recipe that inspired me to make this was found on Epicurious.com. Once I made it it seemed that it needed more texture, like a crunch, so I added the red bell and the celery. There are so many possibilities.
It was good. I would definitely make it again.

Salmon Salad Sandwich
2 7.5 oz canned salmon
2 chopped scallion
mayo
1t chili powder
juice & zest 1 lemon
and 1 lime
finely dice 1 1/2T onion
ground green peppercorns
splash red wine vinegar
1/4 of a red bell pepper diced
1 stalk celery diced

on a bed of spicy sprouts
sandwiched on a sea salt ciabatta

No comments:

Post a Comment