Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Missin My MO

Dallas is huge. Like really.. really.. HUGE. Way bigger than StL, with more highways, more strip malls, restaurants, and business parks. I'm living in a suburb, and the city of Dallas probably has a lot of cool shit goin on.. but this suburb sucks. I feel the teensiest bit bad saying that because Anna grew up here, but she'd probably agree. And.. well, I haven't been exploring too much, but there really isn't much to explore.
I left the house today to run a couple errands around town. Driving around, I felt mixed feelings of independence, anxiety, and spontaneity. Trying to brush off the anxiety, I looked around for quirky shops, international markets, anything interesting or different. Driving here is hectic, these people drive like they're in LA, and I've never seen so many BMWs Mercedes and Lexus. Needless to say, I didnt find what I was looking for. So, I carried on to my destination... the mall. The dreaded shopping mall. No offense. But I don't like em. They're way too clean, they don't smell like anything, they all look the same, and they bring down "self esteem." Its like being surrounded by commercials. You're fat broke and ugly. That's what those stores were saying. "don't look at that dress because its too expensive, and it wouldn't fit you anyway." And there were mirrors everywhere!! Whats the psychology behind that?
I was headed to a Proactiv Kiosk. Because that shit is like crack. Or heroine. Your face becomes dependent on it, and when you dont have it you'll spend $20 on a bottle of face wash. Well, not today. The kiosk wouldn't accept my debit card.. as a credit card.. and I don't know my pin. Adventure over. Plano, TX, you suck. Thank goodness, I'm flying to beautiful Richmond Virginia tomorrow. And moving to Austin next month. Really really looking forward to Austin. Its gonna be great.
I need to just accept this state I'm in right now. No job, limited funds, too hot to go outside. I have a very nice place to stay, and I'm blessed to be here with her. Its all about the Netflix, the couch, and the food... for now.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you don't like a lot of things there, move back to MO. We miss you here.

    Love you tons,
    Aunt Nena

    ReplyDelete