Monday, March 28, 2011

Comfort Food Lunch

This is just an example of something quick for lunch that I really really enjoyed and will make again.
We brought home bread from an Italian restaurant in town called Romeos. The menu is not bad, but the bread is very good. Its sweet and super soft, great for sopping up oil or pasta sauce on your plate.
I make my own seitan from scratch, but I saw this package (pictured below) at Whole Foods and was intrigued. I want to eventually add seasonings like this (Italian sausage style) to my own batches, so I thought I would see how the pros do it.
Turns out this brand makes some awesome seitan. Anna and I enjoyed it a few times with eggs on a breakfast sandwich.
I heated it up in a pan, added some marinara sauce to the pan, and once that was hot I melted Fontina cheese on top. Then I loaded it all up inside the bun and toasted the bread in a hot pan with a little oil. THEN, I drizzled olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a salt/garlic/herb blend onto my plate and dunked my sandwich into it.
It was crazy crazy good, I loved every dang bite



1 comment:

  1. You have such passion in your cooking and EATING. I woner where you get that from?!

    ReplyDelete