Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mini Vegan Cheesecakes


Topping:
6 medium strawberries
1/4c blueberries
1 T meyer lemon juice
1 t agave nectar
1 t balsamic vinegar
Cheesecakes:
8oz vegan cream cheese
¼ c sugar
1/8 c brown sugar
1 ½ T meyer lemon juice
½ vanilla bean (seeds)
plus Keebler 6pack of mini graham cracker pie crusts
Anna and I were in absolute HEAVEN eating these mini cheesecakes, and yes, they taste just like the real thing.. actually I thought they were better.
In a blender combine all the cheese cake ingredients and puree until smooth, or use hand held electric mixer. Fill the pie crusts and bake for 20minutes at 350. Allow to cool, then stick in the fridge.
The berry topping is astoundingly good. Just smelling it brings me more joy than anything in a jar possibly could. And it is so simple! Dice up the strawberries, and put them in a small pan or pot with lemon juice, balsamic and blueberries. Turn on the heat, and when it starts to bubble, turn it down, so that it is as low as it can go while still slightly simmering. Add the agave nectar, and continue to cook until the sauce reduces and thickens. Mm mm mm mm mmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. This one is going on the menu. I know Shelly has already explained what that means. I have been known to give Shelly a hard time about vegan desserts, because I like milk, cream, and all things non-vegan. So, when she said these were vegan I was instantly skeptical. Then I ate one. Wow. I still can't find the words to describe how amazing they were. I licked the pie tin. I am not ashamed. I have no idea how these are vegan, but who cares they were out of this world awesome...I wish I had one now. Too bad we only made four.

    ReplyDelete