Monday, March 7, 2011

Crack Sauce with Sunbutter Tofu Nuggets


My friend/coworker (fellow foodie) Helen just started a food blog! This sauce was on her blog, labeled Mango Chipotle Sauce, then in her explanation she said “..you might as well call this crack sauce, because it is that good..” Ha! You can check her blog out at henshammock.blogspot.com She is an amazing cook, and very passionate and knowledgeable.
I read her blog and found myself the next day in my kitchen making the crack sauce! It will definitely go into my regular rotation, I love it, Thanks Helen!
Helen’s Crack Sauce (Mango Chipotle)
2 large ripe mangoes
1 chipotle pepper in adobo
1t adobo sauce
juice 1 lime
2t rice vinegar
1 T canola oil
salt & pepper

Shelly’s Crack Sauce Salad
1c cooked quinoa
pico de gallo
½ avocado
Sunbutter Tofu Nuggets
mango chipotle s (crack) sauce
Quinoa, a very yummy & healthy grain, comes in 3 colors red, black, & white. I used all three in this salad, because it is pretty & because I can. It is extremely easy to cook. 1c quinoa to 1 ½ c water. Rinse the quinoa (unless it is labeled "pre-rinsed")Put quinoa & water in a pot together, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and it is finished cooking when the quinoa soaks up all the water & its little spiral tail shoots out. The quinoa expands when it cooks, and just about quadruples in size. So I will cook some off, then just keep it in the fridge for meals later in the week.

Sunbutter Tofu Nuggets is a dish that I made at work, the day after serving the Sunbutter Pasta. We had so much left over, it seemed obvious to me to make some delicious tofu nuggets! Anna loooved this dish and asked for seconds.
All I did was buy an extra firm block of tofu & drain it. Then I put 1 c panko bread crumbs on a plate, seasoned it with salt, and my 3colors of sesame seeds.
1. Slice the tofu thin & pat it dry.
2. Dredge it in the sunbutter sauce
3. Put it straight into the panko, carefully coat it, and place it straight into a hot pan with oil.
4. Cook on both sides until brown & crisp.
I cheated and bought some pico de gallo off of Central Market’s salsa bar, but the recipe is easy:
Pico de Gallo
Dice the following ingredients small, then toss with lime juice, oil & salt
tomatoes
red onion
jalapeno
cilantro
garlic

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the sauce and thanks for the kind words!!

    ReplyDelete