Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cashew Milk

 Ain't it pretty?! I'm in love. This is my luxury product that I allow myself to always have on hand. I keep raw cashews in my freezer and make this milk a couple times a week. You can make it as thin or as thick as you like.
I use this milk for anything that you would normally use cow, soy, rice, almond, hemp.. etc. I especially love it in my morning VEGA smoothie!!

1 part cashews, soaked 3 hours

After you soak the cashews, drain and rinse them.
Then blend them with 3-5 parts water, depending on how rich and creamy you want your milk to be.
You may want to push it through a fine mesh sieve or invest in a nut milk bag to remove any cashew pulp that may be leftover from the blending process.

I save my cashew pulp, season it, and use it as a spread. I may season it with lemon, garlic and herbs or mustard, or soy sauce...

Heres a TIP! Instead of blending with water, blend with a flavorful broth and add your creamy cashew broth to a delicious soup. 

ALSO you could blend 1 part cashew- 1 part water and make a super thick, rich and decadent cream that you can season with vanilla & maple syrup... you could add a banana and orange juice and serve it with berries.. or on breakfast.. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment