Friday, March 23, 2012

Vegan Compound Butters


My finished products, ready for Mochi Waffles this sunday!

This Sunday, my classmates from culinary school and I are having a staycation! We finished the coursework portion of school back in December, so we desperately miss being in the kitchen together, sharing food and our life stories.
We have 3 meals planned out for the weekend, Tamales, Gnocchi and Mochi Waffles! Look forward to recipes and pictures from our trip. I can't wait!!

Blueberry Lemon Lavender Compound Butter
1/3 c wild frozen blueberries
1/2 t lavender, bruised by mortar & pestle
1 Meyer lemon, juice and zest
1 drop good balsamic
1 T honey

I cooked these ingredients down into a thick syrupy reduction, let it cool, then added it to the *butter.

Apple Cinnamon Raisin Compound Butter
1/2 an apple shredded
1/4 c raisins
1/2 T cinnamon
1 T honey

Mix it all up, and fold it into the *butter.

* I chose to use Earth Balance Buttery Spread, the soy free version.
Meyer Lemon, frozen wild Blueberries, and culinary Lavender
Reducing my blueberry syrup so that its thick when I mix it with the butter
Getting the apple cinnamon compound butter ready

No comments:

Post a Comment