Monday, March 19, 2012

raw Morning Noon & Night Pancakes


This is another recipe from Alissa Cohen's Raw Food For Everyone. I have had my eye on this recipe for a good 8months now, and I am so stoked its finally happening. She says they should dehydrate for 16hours.. but these have been in my dehydrator for 4days now, and theyre still slightly doughy. I need to get the Excalibur. I bought the l'equip dehydrator because its smaller but still efficient. I like it, but I want the best.

These are freaking delicious and healthy.. next time I would use less agave nectar though. They're a bit too sweet for my taste. The end texture is like cookie dough. Not exactly what I had in mind, but still delicous, so I threw em in the freezer & will make some yummy desserts with them in the future.


Pictured with coconut cashew creme, bananas and cinnamon


Alissa Cohen's Morning Noon & Night Pancakes
*I made 1/2 of the following recipe and substituted 1/2 the pinenuts for cashews

2 c pecans, soaked for 8hours
*1 c pinenuts
 *1 c cashews
2 ripe bananas
1 c agave nectar
seeds from 2 vanilla beans
1t sea salt
2 c blueberries, muddled

Put the soaked pecans, pinenuts (and cashews,) bananas, agave, vanilla seeds, and salt in a Vita-Mix blender. While the machine is running, carefully remove the lid and using a rubber spatula,  stir the mixtire along to make sure it is continuously running over. Add a Tablespoon of water if necessary. Blend until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in the muddled blueberries.
With a ladle, drop 1/4c measures of batter onto Teflex-lined (I use wax paper) dehydrator racks, leaving at least 1/2 in between the pancakes. They should be thick like pancakes, about 1/2 in thick, not thin like crepes. Dehydrate 8hours. Flip the pancakes onto clean Teflex sheets and dehydrate for 8more hours. These should be soft and fluffy and have the consistensy of a pancake. Dont dehydrate them for too long, they shouldnt be hard.
Cover and refridgerate for up to 3 days. Garnish with bluberries and coconut cream.

Fresh pancake batter before dehydrating

after 24 hours of dehydrating

No comments:

Post a Comment