Thursday, March 15, 2012

Juice Fast


3 Days into the Juice Fast portion of my Spring Cleanse.. and I feel amazing.
Heres the scoop: For 9 days I did the Master Cleanse (see previous post.)
Then I transitioned that immediately into a Juice Fast. Which technically should be called a JUICE FEAST. Check out all these fruits and veggies I'm getting!!
I haven't eaten any food in 11 days.
This is awesome. I felt absolutely stellar at work today, like there is a light at my core, just bursting forth into everything. Like ecstasy. I was a ball of happy energy all day, and since Ive got home, Ive just been bouncing around my apartment.
Its probably not for everybody, but I think I really needed this. Making this commitment has arose a wave of physical, emotional, and spiritual rejuvenation in my life.

Shelly's Kitchen Sink
1/4 head Romaine
Big Handful Spinach
1/4 bunch Parsley
1 Cucumber
2 stalks Celery
4 Orange Carrots + 1 Purple Carrot
1 Pear
1 Apple
1 inch or 2 Ginger
1/4 of a Beet


This is my GO-TO feel GREAT drink any-day, but especialllly when I'm juice fasting. During a juice fast, I can get by on 3 of these a day and feel MARVELOUS.



This is a variation of my favorite juice ever, Main Squeeze's Ring of Fire. The juice that started it all.. my first :) And when I brought my juicer home for the first time, you better believe that I made a huge pitcher of Ring of Fire & drank that whole thing.

Shelly's Light my Fire
3 Jazz apples
1 Valencia orange
1 Navel orange
1 blood mandarin
1 purple carrot
1/4 large beet
ginger
handful of spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment